P.E. and Sports Premium
What is it?
The PE and Sports Premium is funded by the Department for Education, with the purpose of enabling schools to have funding. This can be spent on the PE and sports department of any eligible school to increase physical education, active lifestyles and sports for all primary school pupils.
The premium therefore enables schools to build the foundations of a sustainable sports strategy. This will ensure a lasting improvement on physical activity in schools in the future.
Reporting and accountability
School in receipt of the PE (physical education) and sport premium funding must publish:
- how much funding they received
- a full breakdown of how they’ve spent the funding or will spend the funding
- the effect of the premium on pupils’ PE and sport participation and attainment
- how they’ll make sure these improvements are sustainable
- how many pupils within their year 6 cohort can do each of the following:
- swim competently, confidently and proficiently over a distance of at least 25 metres
- use a range of strokes effectively
- perform safe self-rescue in different water-based situations