Here are some events to include (they are in the wrong order):
- Other Saxons do the same to meet their doom
- First the Norman archers, then the foot soldiers try to break the shield wall but both fail
- Harold is shot in the eye and the Normans win. William is crowned King of England.
- The Norman cavalry attack
- Godwinson and his Saxon troops are tired from the Battle of Stamford Bridge
- Some Saxons leave the shield wall to chase after retreating Norman cavalry, but they are isolated and die.
- Norman archers can now fire from close range into the Saxon army.
- The Saxons take a great position on Senlac Hill high up with s shield wall
Websites to use:
https://www.bbc.com/bitesize/guides/zsjnb9q/revision/4 (lots of facts)
https://www.bbc.com/bitesize/articles/z3s9j6f (good for picture ideas)